Employer: Virginia Housing
Location: RICHMOND, VA
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Solutions Architect
This important role will provide direction, guidance and definition of Virginia Housing’s enterprise architecture and contribute to the development of policies, strategies and best practices. The Solutions Architect will provide the necessary leadership, research, analysis and design related to the development or procurement of technology solutions to ensure these meet business needs and align with enterprise architectural governance and standards. This role will be responsible for creating and documenting the current and future state architectures, standards and strategies for the technology team through a deep understanding of the underlying enterprise business drivers.
Responsibilities will include:
* Translating business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documenting solution architecture design and analysis work
* Providing deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to help the architecture review board (ARB) assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investments
* Acting as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes
* Designing and contributing to the governance activities of the ARB ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
* Ensuring that the architectural vision and roadmap is aligned with the IT Strategic Planning function
* Defining the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
* Working closely with the enterprise program management office (ePMO) to ensure the execution of projects corresponds with what was planned during the solution definition
* Providing consulting support to technical engineers within agile teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture
Qualified candidates must possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
* Many years of experience (minimum of 5 years preferred) in at least two IT solution development disciplines such as technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, or cloud development
* A few years of experience architecting and designing cloud based end-to-end business solutions using Azure and AWS technologies
* Knowledge of infrastructure solutions using VMWare, EMC, Cisco and Microsoft and experience with various database technologies like SQLServer, MySQL, etc.
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
* A good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
* Preferred experience includes Master’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study; TOGAF or Zachman certified; experience working in mortgage or financial services industry.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.
This position will remain open until filled.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment