Senior Software Engineer
Employer: GE Digital
Job Description Summary
Provides expertise in sustained customer success and growth in the post-sales customer lifecycle through training, professional services, technical support, renewals, outcome attainment, retention, expansion, and customer advocacy with a Digital focus. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
• Familiar with and understand the Asset Management suite of telecommunications products, such as Smallworld GIS, Electric Office, Gas Distribution Office, Global Transmission Office, Physical Network Inventory, Logical Network Inventory, Network Inventory Gateway, GeoSpatial Analysis, and Mobile Enterprise solutions
• Builds a portfolio of client relationships and provides objective advice and assistance to those clients on future strategy and current operations in support of identified business outcomes • Leads a team of solution architects and product specialists, to design and deliver solutions that meet client needs and can be delivered within project constraints • Shapes client requirements while advising and demonstrating solutions to architect a solution • Reviews quality assured solutions delivered by Lead Consultants ensuring fit for purpose • Leads by providing technical input from the delivery teams in support of pre-sales activities • Contributes to technical innovation across the business taking the lead in technical expertise • Leads multiple teams while delivering client projects • Identifies and develops further opportunities connected to projects that the Staff Services Engineer may be aware of or working on • Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge. • Work independently as well as part of the team. • Apply Test Driven Development practices to all Software Development work.
• Technical Leadership of the delivery and implementation of large complex telecommunications solutions for North American customers • Analyze, define and prioritize Business and Functional requirements and processes and propose technical solutions to meet the business issues and close inefficiency gaps • Responsibility for the Business requirements through the entire lifecycle of the project from definition, implementation, test and delivery • Create and maintain relationships with key decision makers, stakeholders and 3rd Parties • Participate & lead technical requirements workshops • Write and present technical proposals and presentations • Ability to take ownership of issues and get them resolved using self-driven initiative
• Operate with and influence senior client stakeholders • Ability to focus on the critical business outcomes and drive teams to achieving these goals • Multi task and manage multiple projects simultaneously • Good interpersonal skills • Strong presentation and communication skills • Passionate about customer satisfaction • Positive attitude • Willingness to accept and promote change • Ability to quickly learn and acquire deep understanding of new software applications and environment • Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • Direct customer facing experience • Minimum of 5 years related work implementing a suite of products and engaging directly with customers
• Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery • Familiarity of GE products: Smallworld GIS, Electric Office, Gas Distribution Office, Global Transmission Office, Physical • Network Inventory, Logical Network Inventory, Network Inventory Gateway, GeoSpatial Analysis, and Mobile Enterprise solutions • Software skills in software analysis, design, quality assurance, methodology, and architecture • Programming experience in software development with Magik or other object-oriented languages • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously • Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities • Familiar with contract terms • Experience working with global teams / partners • Strong Software development skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture • Ability to direct other engineers regarding best practices and ways to improve the overall implementation process • Ability to develop project tools and templates to facilitate ease of implementation • Demonstrate awareness about competitors within the GIS industry • Voice opinions and presents clear rationale using data or factual evidence to influence and look for opportunities to improve the customer experience while maintaining business requirements • Recognized as a knowledge leader in his/her area of expertise
• Envisions technology landscape best practices and translates them to requirements, architecture and tooling. Defines governance models and engagement processes for use by dependent functions. Viewed as an authority on scalability/supportability, an arbiter on design/development viability and an agent that safeguards customer investments against obsolescence and limits to expansion. • Leverages knowledge of Telecommunications market and customer segment to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback; Offers ideas for improving work and team processes; Experiments with new approaches and improves productivity through trial and error.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality; Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Actively looks for opportunities to establish credibility with customers and/or peers; Exhibits humility when confronted with limits of his/her experience; Proactively looks for opportunities to find answers and close loop.
• Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks; Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit.
• Increases client engagement to further drive the pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; Utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions; Asks for clarity when ambiguities are present; Implements clean, concise solutions that address the requirements at hand.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job. • Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen • Must be willing to travel • Must be willing to work out of an office located in Denver, CO, Vancouver,, BC, or Remote