Senior IT Security Engineer (Azure)
Location: RICHMOND, VA
Position Contact: Logan Bragg | email@example.com
Position: Senior IT Security Engineer
Location: Innsbrook area, but 100% remote now and if local, can still be mostly remote post-COVID.
Key Skills: Azure. If you have experience securing public cloud environments using Azure, LETS TALK!
This client prides themselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned them the honor of being named one of the best places to work (year over year)! As the company grows, they encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
They strive towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere.
• Lead and participate in security team projects as an expert for companywide efforts
• Assess and build to strengthen technical controls and security visibility in datacenter and cloud infrastructure
• Review and enhance monitoring, alerting, metrics, and log use cases for incident response processes
• Provide technical guidance and education to team members and coworkers on secure development and secure cloud operations
• Collaborate with Information Security Manager and security team to identify security goals, objectives, enforce company policies and regulations
• Consult and influence technical and non-technical peers to implement security controls and best practices
• Partner with IT to identify future system improvements and roadmaps
• Document and design various processes; update existing processes
• Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
• 5+ years of experience as senior security engineer or team leader
• 3+ years previous experience in securing public cloud environments
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, cyber security, or equivalent work experience
• Experience securing a public cloud environment (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Experience implementing secure configurations across multiple operating systems and services
• Experience with responding and conducting RCA for Incident Response/ Security Events
• Experience with Application Security tools (Sonarqube, XRAY)
• Professional IT certifications such as Azure Architect, GCIH, GCIA, PenTest+, AWS Solution Architect, CISSP
• Previous experience working closely with infrastructure, devops, and software development teams
• Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Experience with industry standard security technologies (SIEM, IDS, EDR, DLP, AV, firewalls), operating systems (Windows, Linux, OSX), and scripting tools (Python, .NET, PowerShell, Bash, JSON, CLI)
• Experience with Agile teams
Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis
Team Play. We win together.
Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation.
Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date.
Application Link Coming Soon