QA Analyst II – IT Delivery
Employer: Estes Express Lines
Location: RICHMOND, VA
The Quality Assurance Analyst II will assist in developing and establishing quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. The QA Analyst II will be responsible for writing and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts for validating software application development within Estes IT. The QA Analyst II will also be responsible for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The QA Analyst II will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• Assist in the development of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles. Independently create and execute test plans, test cases and test scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications for median projects
• Ensure that testing activities allow the application to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
• Make recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load and acceptance testing methods
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the QA Manager, QA Team Lead and Project Manager
• Analyze documentation and technical specification for any new application under development or consideration to determine its intended functionality
• Test new software to ensure integration into company systems that meet functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws. Drive the resolution of these defects and issues.
• Monitor, collect data, report, and recommend improvements to STLC processes, practices, and guidelines for maximum efficiencies
• Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications
• Cultivate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
• Create/update regression test cases and scripts to incorporate changes or additions to applications. Ability to use Automation Testing Frameworks and Tools to create flexible and accurate regression test suites.
• Assist in the preparation of an accurate and complete test environment for application testing
• Regular attendance is required.
This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
• College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration and/or equivalent work experience
• Preferred Certifications: Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Testing Professional (CSTP), Certified Software Testing Engineer (CSTE)
• Knowledge with 3 years’ experience in system testing best practices and methodologies
• Experience with core software applications, including Operations, accounting, web, sales, imaging
• Preferred experience with HP Quality Center and QTP/UFT
• Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
• Experience with statistical reporting and analysis
• Excellent PC Skills
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Keen attention to detail
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Extensive knowledge of QA tools for the capture of testing requirements, test plans, test cases, automation test scripts, and defects
• Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
• Must be able to interact well with others
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
• Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.