Information Security Analyst
Employer: Virginia Housing
Location: RICHMOND, VA
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Information Security Governance Analyst!
This important role will assist with risk management strategic activities such as information security risk assessments, business process consultations and security control evaluations. The Information Security Governance Analyst is responsible for information security governance across all of Virginia Housing solutions and is assigned to project/initiatives that present security and privacy components. This role will assist with the planning and development of information security and privacy governance measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Responsibilities will include:
* Serving as an information security subject matter expert to business areas, project teams and vendors;
* Participating in Information Security and Privacy efforts across all business areas and vendor engagements;
* Participate in supplier management activities including but not limited to risk assessments, gap analysis, contract review, and process improvements;
* Representing Information Security and Privacy in ePMO technology projects to ensure significant projects have appropriate representation;
* Aiding in the review of information security policies, standards, risks and resource classification and keeping management informed of project status;
* Assisting with the response and action plans in the event of a data security threat or issue;
* Participating in investigation and report contribution of security threats and incidents.
Qualified candidates must possess:
* Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent;
* Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of information security;
* Several years of demonstrated experience in information security concepts related to governance, risk and compliance;
* Extensive knowledge of the principles and methods applied to IT infrastructure planning, implementation and management;
* Experience working with risk and controls documentation to include populating risk assessment templates and drafting control narrative documentation for business approval;
* Business focused and excellent communications skills with ability to communicate with all levels within an organization;
* Experience working with security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, COBIT or similar;
* Strong initiative with ability to analyze and provide solutions.
Preferred experience includes previous experience working in the financial services industry, experience with privacy compliance, CISSP or equivalent information security certification.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://vhdacareers.com/.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $80,418 – $104,542
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -