Front-End Web Designer and Developer – Strategic Services
Employer: Estes Express Lines
Location: RICHMOND, VA
The Front End Web Designer and Developer reports to the Digital Manager. This position assists with maintenance, design and development of customer-facing and internal digital channels for Estes. This role will be expected to offer creative solutions to complex UX- and technology-related problems in addition to building modern, responsive and cross-browser compatible sites and applications.
• Works with Digital Manager and Marketing Director to understand project goals plus overall digital and marketing vision of the enterprise.
• Translates and demonstrates complex technologies and solutions for all audiences.
• Provides front-end website and application support during, and after, regular business hours.
• Delivers visually stunning and functionally rich, responsive websites, digital and marketing projects that meet current coding standards.
• Assists in monitoring website analytics plus setting up campaigns and event tracking..
• Ensures coding is SEO compliant, accessible and works with modern browsers and devices.
• Provides web support for digital- and marketing-related issues escalated to Digital and/or Marketing teams, including customer support and troubleshooting.
• Collaborate with Digital and Marketing Teams to A/B and Multivariate test content.
• Demonstrates ability to turn complex business processes into user-friendly flows.
• Proactively seeks training and conducts research where needed.
• Attends after-hours production deployments and provides UAT testing support.
• Attends sprint planning and grooming sessions and provides input and feedback.
• Creates technical and creative solutions that meet the needs of the business, stakeholders and customers based on goals, data and feedback.
• Responsible for development, support, and maintenance of website properties and applications.
• Regular attendance is required.
This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety, and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
• BA or BS in relevant area of study, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Efficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Experience with web application UI/UX design, wireframes, site architecture diagrams, page schematics, page flow diagrams, mockups and storyboards required.
• Web based portfolio or work samples required.
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in digital design, marketing or a related field highly preferred
• Experience with creating functional prototypes for complex UI/UX application interfaces preferred
• Good understanding of SEO tactics and compliance
• Experience integrating custom websites into one or more of the following content management systems: WordPress, EE, dotCMS, Hippo, etc.
• Knowledge of Java, APIs and web services a plus.
• AngularJS experience a plus
• Experience preparing for client discovery sessions, defining business requirements, discovering and interpreting user goals and priorities a plus.
• Knowledge of dotCMS and Apache Velocity templating a plus.
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus.
• Understanding of modern coding practices, web standards, SVN and Git.
• Strong visual design skills.
• Ability to implement visual mockups into functional websites, templates and applications.
• Must be able to identify and troubleshoot cross-browser/platform issues.
• Must be able to demonstrate efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop specifically).
• Knowledge of mobile design and best practices.
• Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
• Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
• Must be able to interact well with others
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
• Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.