Applications Specialist – Developer
Employer: Old Dominion Electric Cooperative
Location: RICHMOND, VA
Pauline Donato Lea | PDonatolea@odec.com
Details: Applications Specialist - Developer
Incorporated in 1948, Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC) provides reliable, cost-effective, environmentally balanced, wholesale electric services to our 11-member distribution cooperatives in Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. Our core business is generating, purchasing and delivering electricity to our members. ODEC is a not-for-profit generation and transmission cooperative that operates for the benefit of our members, who are our owners. Our home office is located in Glen Allen, Virginia.
Purpose of Job:
The Applications Specialist (Developer) will work out of the Glen Allen, Virginia office and will provide support of applications as assigned, gather and analyze business requirements for proposed projects and implement application solutions in support of ODEC’s business units and develop an understanding of ODEC database management software and reporting capabilities. The developer will query databases and write reports using ODEC’s reporting tools and develop interfaces and small applications.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Application Support – Support on-going operations of assigned applications
• Software Implementation – Define system requirements for new and enhanced applications, determine approach for meeting requirements, design and develop small applications, implement, create project plans, test cases and training
• IT Project Development
• Business Continuity - Participate in disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing to confirm appropriate system recovery capabilities for supported applications
• Participate in and contribute to IT Department Meetings
• 3 years’ system life cycle process experience - requirements, evaluation, selection, analysis, design, development/ configuration, implementation, user acceptance testing, and operation of software solutions
• 3 years’ programming experience applicable to a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include any 2 of the following languages: C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net
• 3 years’ relational database systems experience - MS SQL Server – querying databases, writing stored procedures, triggers, creating tables and indexes
• 3 years’ reporting tools experience to include experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Effective communicator
• Ability to effectively and professionally interact with various people and personalities
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Cognos and/or Power BI knowledge and experience preferred
• Microsoft Azure knowledge and experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Office 365 One Drive, Teams and SharePoint Online preferred
• Utilities industry, especially generation, transmission, and distribution desirable
Four-year college degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
Travel details: Occasional travel required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Ability to enter data, look at a computer monitor for long periods of time, interact effectively with others through verbal communication, video and email, work full days (8 hours) in an office environment with occasional evening and weekend work
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply via this link http://www.odec.com/careers for consideration.
ODEC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No Phone Calls or Agencies Please